Do any of these statements about your voice sound familiar?
- I run out of air when I talk.
2. The sound of my voice varies throughout the day.
3. My voice sounds creaky and dry.
4. I use a great deal of effort to speak.
5. My voice “gives out” in the middle of speaking.
6. I am less outgoing because of my voice.
7. I use the phone less often than I would like.
8. I notice that I am frequently clearing my throat.
9. My voice draws attention to itself and it bothers me.
10. I notice that coughing increases the more I speak.
Many of these concerns are treatable. Answering “yes” to any of the items may indicate a medical issue. Our physician & speech-language pathology team can evaluate and treat these concerns through sophisticated video-imaging & customized therapy plans.Leave a reply